We asked our Executive Chef Maurice to share a festive and tasty recipe for Thanksgiving. However, this is a dish that we think you will enjoy all year round.
Serve this pumpkin soup at a holiday gathering or warm up with the delicious flavors on a cold or rainy day.
Chef Maurice’s Cream of Pumpkin Soup
- 16 oz peeled pumpkin cut into cubes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Dice ½ a leek
- Dice 1 oz Escallion
- Dice 2 oz celery (or approx. 1 stalk of celery)
- Dice 1 oz garlic (about 3 cloves)
- Finely chop 1 large onion
- 1 sprig thyme (to be used in “bouquet garni”)
- 3 cloves (to be used in “bouquet garni”)
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or extra virgin olive oil
- Chives and sour cream for garnish
- Place a medium-large sized pot over medium heat, add butter and saute vegetables (including the pumpkin) until tender
- Add chicken stock and bouquet garni (sack of thyme bay leaves and cloves)
- Boil until pumpkin is soft
- Remove from heat and puree in a blender
- Remove from blender and add cream
- Adjust taste with salt and pepper
- Serve hot with a dash of chives and sour cream for garnish
Enjoy! Any questions on this divine recipe? Chef Maurice is willing to answer your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you try it out for yourself? Let us know how you like it by leaving a comment below!